Job sites are unpredictable. Environmental conditions and tasks can vary widely from day to day. In response, 3M Personal Safety Division has expanded its SecureFit Protective Eyewear line.
The new 3M SecureFit Protective Eyewear 600 Series has many new features, such as 3M Pressure Diffusion Temple (PDT) Technology. PDT provides for a more secure and comfortable fit and can self-adjust to a wide array of head sizes. It comes standard with every piece of SecureFit eyewear.
Other new features include:
- Rugged anti-scratch (RAS) coating to help extend the life of the lens.
- Scotchgard Anti-fog Coating provides long-lasting clarity to help the eyewear retain its effectiveness for at least 25 washings with water. (Based on 3M internal testing per EN168 test method when compared with traditional anti-fog coatings.)
- Photochromic lenses that darken when exposed to UV light and lighten when removed from UV exposure indoors.
- Polarized lens to reduce reflective glare in outdoor applications.
- Task-specific lens tints to reduce glare, eye stress, and fatigue.
- Lens options in various colors (clear, grey, amber, indoor/outdoor grey) and shades (Low IR, Shade 3.0 and Shade 5.0).
- Readers, with Scotchgard Anti-fog coating, are also available in a range of diopters: +1.5, +2.0 or +2.5.
The 600 series will continue to include durable polycarbonate lenses that absorb 99.9% of UVA and UVB rays. The eyewear also meets the requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2015 Standard as an Impact Rated spectacle, and has an optional removable foam-lined gasket to keep debris out of the eyes, while providing comfort and cushioning.
“The SecureFit line debuted in 2013 and, has quickly grown to be 3M’s most popular line of safety eyewear,” says Gil Igo, Global Business Manager at 3M Personal Safety Division. “The 600 Series builds on the comfort features customers have grown to love with options for further customization so workers have safety glasses that provide not only the right fit, but also some personal flair for every job.”
Filed Under: News, Safety