Workers that need to wear hearing protection on the job often have diverse safety and usability concerns. In fields such as manufacturing, allowing for communication while blocking out consistent loud noises is important.
“While the primary objective of personal protective equipment is to protect users from hazards, it should be designed in a way that allows users to remain productive and effective,” said Doug Moses, U.S. Marketing Manager for Protective Communication Solutions for 3M.
To help overcome a range of issues, 3M Personal Safety Division has expanded its line of PELTOR headsets, designed for use in hazardous, high-noise environments.
“Our scientists and specialists have developed four headsets that not only help protect users from hazardous noise, but also help them communicate and hear important environmental sounds,” added Moses. “It’s about minimizing over-protection to ensure our headsets provide the level of safety needed while providing comfort and functionality.”
Here are two examples from 3M’s new PELTOR line:
- 3M PELTOR ProTac III Headset. In environments where loud or sharp noises are present, workers need hearing protection that helps protect against hazardous noises, but also minimizes over-protection to help worker hear warning signals, alarms, or other sounds in machines and processes. The 3M PELTOR ProTac III Headset lets workers do both by monitoring the surrounding environment and automatically adjusting the amount of attenuation when hazardous noises are present.
- 3M PELTOR WorkTunes Pro AM/FM Radio Headset. Listening to music is known to make everyday tasks feel easier. The new 3M PELTOR WorkTunes Pro Headset helps workers stay protected and productive while listening to music and, with the addition of an auxiliary port, audiobooks, podcasts, and more. The WorkTunes headset has a built-in AM/FM radio and easy channel searching so wearers don’t have to take off their hearing protection to change stations. The integrated antenna also offers fast digital tuning and the ability to store multiple stations.
Each PELTOR headset offers the following features:
- Lightweight, stainless steel wire headband for durability
- Rugged, dual-shell design to protect the electronics from moisture
- User-friendly controls. No dials
- Ability to connect with smart phones, radios, shoulder mics or other external devices (listening only, audio cable available separately)
- Replaceable cushions and foam liners (hygiene kit available separately)
- Noise attenuating ear cups to provide hearing protection in environments with potentially hazardous noise
- A full one-year product warranty
Filed Under: News, Safety