A windsail or vertical axis wind turbine is said to generate power on-site. It is also quiet, bird-friendly, likes turbulent winds, and catches the eye, says the developer. A few features some obvious and some less so include:
- It generates electricity on site and safely connects to the building’s electric power system.
- It is quiet. The slow rotation of the sail generates electricity. Rotational speed does not exceed 80 rpm.
- It is bird-friendly. Birds can see its shape and easily avoid collision. It is also friendly to bats and butterflies.
- It likes turbulence. It harvests winds from any direction and can be installed near or on the building it serves.
- It is an eye-catching and customizable with logos, graphics, and color. It projects leadership, sustainability, and a hopeful future.