The wind tower is a vital component of any wind-turbine system. The good news is that advancements have resulted in an acceleration in the achievable capacity of a single wind turbine. But this could also cause a decline in the number of towers installed in the coming years until 2020, despite an expected increase in annual capacity installed throughout this period.
Naturally, the growth of the wind-tower market is directly proportionate to the growth of the wind-power industry, which is heavily impacted by favorable government policies, rising demand for power, and uncertain supply and prices of energy from conventional sources.
China, the United States, India, Germany, and Canada are major wind energy markets, accounting for around 90% of the global wind-power market. The same held true for the global wind-tower market back in 2014. These countries had the maximum number of wind tower installations in 2014.
However, Denmark and the Netherlands have also proved to be major global wind-tower manufacturing powerhouses, manufacturing towers on a significant scale, mostly for export to the U.S. and European markets.
A considerable percentage of Asian tower manufacturers ship their wind towers to North American and European countries, as the production cost is low in Asian countries and they are able to offer towers at competitive prices to these markets. Some of the leading manufacturers of wind towers include China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Ltd, Enercon, Gamesa, GE, Senvion, Sinovel Wind Group, amongst others.
From 2014 to 2020, the addition of wind-power capacity is expected to increase. Yet again, the number of towers installed annually during this period will increase only slightly, due to the annual growth of average turbine capacity.
Aruvian Research analyzes the global market for wind-turbine towers in its research report, Analyzing the Global Market for Wind Turbine Towers. Divided into five sections, the report first looks at the global wind-power industry through an analysis of turbine technology, how wind turbines work, power generation from wind, cost of a wind turbine, and other factors.
The report also analyzes the following:
- The global wind-energy industry through a market profile, market statistics, market analysis by region, wind power in the European Union, and the global offshore wind market.
- Section 2 of the report looks at wind turbines through components, global installations of wind turbines, market size, cost of turbines, and other factors.
- Section 3 considers the market specific to wind-turbine towers. The section begins with an introduction to wind towers looking at the types of wind turbine towers there are, considerations for choosing wind towers, turbine heights, site considerations, and other factors.
- The market for wind turbine towers is also reviewed through an industry overview, industry size, and cost of wind turbine towers. Industry data is analyzed from 2006 to 2020. The report analyzes industry trends and competition in the industry.
- Following on the analysis of the competitive landscape of the industry, the report looks at major manufacturers of wind towers, such as the China Ming Yang Wind Power Group, Enercon, Vestas, Gamesa, GE, Senvion, Siemens, and others. Each of the major players are analyzed through a corporate profile, an analysis of the major business segments, a financial analysis, and a SWOT analysis.
Analyzing the Global Market for Wind Turbine Towers is a comprehensive analysis of not only the market for wind towers but also the global wind power industry.
Download the full report here.
Filed Under: News