The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) has announced the companies and individuals selected as nominees for the 2017 CanWEA Awards. The awards honor wind industry leaders, innovators, and supporters for their exceptional work on behalf of Canada’s wind energy industry.
“This year’s award nominees exemplify the incredible talent and passion that has made wind energy one of the most exciting and fastest-growing parts of Canada’s energy sector,” said CanWEA President, Robert Hornung.
Since the CanWEA Awards were established in 1985, more than 50 advocates, individuals, and companies from across Canada have been recognized as wind energy leaders.
“This is our way of showing our appreciation and support to colleagues who have worked so hard to the benefit of us all, and we’re looking forward to celebrating with them at our awards dinner in April,” added Hornung.
The CanWEA Awards dinner will be held April 4, in conjunction with the annual CanWEA Spring Forum 2017. The Awards Dinner sponsors include Brookfield, GE Renewable Energy, Kruger Energy, Pattern Development, Sussex Strategy Group, Senvion, and Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE).
WiRE’s Wind Power Woman of Distinction Award will also be presented at the CanWEA Awards Dinner.
The 2017 CanWEA Awards nominees are:
R.J. Templin Award
- Pan-Canadian Wind Integration Study Team – GE Energy Consulting
- Philippe Coulombe-Pontbriand – Renewable Energy Systems Canada Inc.
- Tom Lambert – AWS Truepower, LLC
Matt Holder Community Connection Award
- Adam Rosso – Boralex Inc.
- Kruger Energy Inc.
Individual Leadership Award
- Dan Balaban – Greengate Power Corporation
- Jimmy Royer – Natural Resources Canada
- William Sutherland – Manulife Financial
Group Leadership Award
- Alliance éolienne de l’Est
- Créneau d’excellence en éolien Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine
- Government of Alberta
Wind Energy Project Award
- Bull Creek Wind Facility – BluEarth Renewables Inc.
- Niagara Region Wind Farm – Partnership of Boralex Inc., ENERCON Canada Inc., and Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation
- Rivière-du-Moulin Wind Farm – EDF EN Canada
The winner of the Friend of Wind Award will be announced at the CanWEA Awards’ Dinner.
The winners of CanWEA’s Power of Wind bursary contest were announced last fall. Post-secondary students from across Canada were incited to share their vision of a renewable energy future, with the 13 top entries featured in CanWEA’s 2017 Friends of Wind Calendar.
CanWEA Spring Forum 2017 is taking place April 4 to 5, 2017 at the Hilton Lac-Leamy Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec.
Filed Under: News