From Composites One and the Closed Mold Alliance is the Closed Molding Knowledge Center, an online portal to the latest information on closed molding technologies. Content rich and updated regularly, it provides site visitors with easy access to closed molding product, process, and tooling information; technology articles and videos; technical support, “Ask an Expert” assistance, and more.
“Over a decade ago, we made a commitment to help clients learn the latest about closed molding processes so they could stay competitive and grow their business,” said Composites One Marketing Manager Marcy Offner. “To reinforce that commitment, we’ve held Lean Mean Closed Mold Machine demos at major industry events so manufacturers could experience these processes first-hand and founded Closed Mold University to provide them with education and training. We’re also are a founding member of the Closed Mold Alliance, a turnkey solution for making a seamless transition to these processes.”
“Now we’re taking the next step,” says Offner, “by making the experience and information we’ve gained interactive on our new Closed Molding Knowledge Center.”
A single click gives site visitors access to:
- Comprehensive overviews of the most widely used closed mold processes including Reusable Bag Molding, Vacuum Infusion Process (VIP), and Light Resin Transfer Molding (Light RTM);
- Innovative knowledge on catalysts, resin, reinforcements, and other products from the industry’s top suppliers;
- Guidelines on the proper tooling for each process;
- Technical support, education, and training in closed molding from the Closed Mold Alliance, including “Ask an Expert,” which provides response to closed molding questions within 48 hours; and
- Closed molding resources, videos, technical articles, and more.
Site visitors will also find a calendar of closed mold training events across the United States, technical articles on new product developments, and a roadmap guiding manufacturers in their closed mold transition. Also on the Knowledge Center are case histories featuring innovative applications of closed molding techniques.
The Closed Molding Knowledge Center is hosted on compositesworld.com, the online magazine of both High Performance Composites and Composites Technology publications.
Watch for more, says Offner. “New content and features will be added to the Closed Molding Knowledge Center on a regular basis,” she said. “That will provide a more valuable online experience for site visitors and ensure that they always have access to the most recent data.”
The new Closed Molding Knowledge Center is produced by Composites One, with support from the Closed Mold Alliance and its supplier partners, including 3M, Airex Baltek, CCP Composites, Chemtrend, Chomarat, Magnum Venus Plastech, United Initiators Inc., and Vectorply. “We’re very thankful to these partners for their continuous expertise and support,” said Offner.
Closed Molding Knowledge Center,
Filed Under: News