The XM Controller for NC welding comes from AMET Inc, Rexburg, Idaho, along with a set of precision control modules. The controller is a blend of control electronics, a bright graphical operator display, and seamless expandability. It uses AMET’s advanced DSP and microprocessor electronics, and user-friendly display software. The controller is the foundation for a set of precision modules to satisfy all of a company’s arc welding needs.
The XM modules are plug-and-weld additions for existing welding systems. The controller will recognize a module when connected and allow immediate use with all other system modules. A few features of the controller include a:
- Lightweight and ergonomic enclosure, and a pendent package for handheld or mounted use.
- Simple yet powerful graphical programming interface – just select and dial-in a value.
- Simple plug-and-play connection of any X module (AVC, wire feed, or oscillation)
- Easy to read backlit color 6.4-in. TFT LCD operator display
- Dedicated buttons for common welding functions
- 4 digital-encoder pots for parameter override control and programming