elobau’s ultrasonic fuel level sensor with a 4-hole flange is frequently used to monitor diesel fuel in agricultural and construction machinery. Thanks to the compact design of the housing, as well as the 3-pin AMP plug, vehicle integration is easy. The sensor is also suited for stationary utilization for diesel monitoring
In the sensor housing, ultrasonic pulses are generated and emitted. These are reflected by the surface of the liquid measured and detected in turn by the sensor. The time it takes for the signal to return is measured, which makes it possible to calculate the current filling level. Accurate sensing of liquid and solid materials can be accomplished even in harsh environmental conditions with IP67 protection class. In addition the sensor can operate in extreme temperatures with a range from -40° to 105°C.
Because the ultrasonic measurement is non-contact and without moving parts, it is wear-free. There are no factors to limit the service life. Mainly used for fuel level monitoring in agricultural and construction machinery, the ultrasonic fuel level sensor can be employed for many other applications.
- High accuracy with 1mm resolution
- No setup required. Analog output over full range of sensor up to 1.5M
- Focus tube available for applications in confined spaces
- Customized connectors and programmability available for higher quantity applications
- Hopper feed level of solid and liquid products for packaging machines
- Level of fluids in processing applications
- Measurement of solid objects in factory and outdoor environments
- Fuel level measurement
Filed Under: News