Energy Storage North America (ESNA), announced that this year’s Conference and Expo will offer a comprehensive program focusing on global electricity market transformation and the transition to a distributed, customer-centric power grid.
“Energy storage is positioned to catalyze global energy market transformation by enabling a cleaner, more efficient, smarter power grid,” said Janice Lin, Energy Storage North America Conference Chair. “This year, ESNA will host delegates from around the world, all of whom will learn from the many storage success stories, market insights and technology breakthroughs that are at the heart of the conference.
The Global Grid Transformation track, a new program offering for ESNA 2017, will examine energy storage’s role in accelerating market transformation and decarbonization globally. The educational programming, facilitated roundtable discussions, and networking will help to inspire new local champions to effect change in their respective markets.
“This is an exciting time to be in the industry, and ESNA will be the focal point for global energy storage education, networking and deal-making,” said Lin.
At the heart of the Global Grid Transformation track is a focus on collaboration between Mexico and California on transforming energy markets. A keynote panel on August 10 will feature top energy officials from California and Mexico, including Emilio Camacho, Chief of Staff to California Energy Commissioner Hochschild and Marcelino Madrigal, Commissioner of the Mexican Energy Regulatory Commission.
In addition, more than 100 expert speakers from dozens of countries will provide industry insight and perspective in 30-plus keynote and panel sessions across six conference tracks:
- Strategies and Insights from First-Mover Utilities and IPPs
- Empowering Energy Customers
- Planning for Peak Power and Resiliency
- Storage Technology: Evolution and Innovation
- Opening Energy Markets: Challenges and Emerging Opportunities
- Global Grid Transformation
Conference and Expo highlights:
- 2,000+ industry leaders
- 50+ conference sessions, networking events, and workshops
- 100+ exhibitors and a dedicated deal room
- Energy storage site tour and in-depth workshop included with All-Access Conference Passes
Filed Under: Energy storage, News