ExxonMobil Introduces Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT, an advanced wind turbine grease for extreme low temperatures. In a nutshell:
- New synthetic grease protects wind turbine bearings from extreme temperature conditions as high as 248ºF to as low as -58ºF
- The product meets the wind industry’s need for extreme low temperature grease
- Test results show Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT can also deliver a range of other performance benefits, including long lubrication intervals
ExxonMobil is introducing Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT, a synthetic wind turbine grease that can protect pitch, yaw, and generator bearings from extreme temperature conditions as high as 248ºF (120C) down to -58ºF ( -50C).
Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT helps meet the industry need for extreme low temperature grease. While comparable high performance greases face solidification challenges at -22°F (-30C), Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT enables performance at even lower temperatures, which can help:
- Optimize flow in central lubrication systems
- Minimize bearing torque during low temperature startups/operation
- Resist fretting wear, rust and corrosion, and
- Maximize equipment uptime
“Extreme cold temperatures commonly occur in many places that also have high wind energy potential,” said Greg Engel, global grease and services marketing manager at ExxonMobil. “In places such as northern Asia, Scandinavia, the northern United States and Canada, high wind conditions make protecting wind turbine equipment challenging. With Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT, operators can keep turbines running in these extreme conditions, helping them minimize downtime and reduce maintenance costs.”
Along with its low temperature performance, test results show that Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT can deliver a range of other performance benefits. These include enhanced bearing life, long lubrication intervals, outstanding mechanical stability and high levels of water resistance.
The new grease is part of a family of Mobil-branded lubricants chosen by many leading wind turbine operators worldwide for their outstanding performance and dependability. ExxonMobil’s global supply reliability lets wind customers get best-in-class lubrication solutions where and when they need them and its globally consistent product offer helps to ensure operators meet all international standards and product integrity requirements. For more: mobil.com/industrial
Filed Under: Lubricants, News, O&M