GEV Wind Power was in the news recently because of its invention of a habitat or covered work area that retrofits to market available access platforms. It creates a protective work environment for bland maintenance and repairs. Maintenance productivity is increased and with the added benefit of 24 hour working, GEV Wind Power can eliminate the cost uncertainty of weather downtime. But the company provides other services to the North American market that include:
- QA and QC factory to site blade damage validation
- Routine and complex structural blade repairs
- Installation and replacement of retrofits such as vortex generators and other aerodynamic power curve upgrades
- Lightning protection systems testing and replacement
- Leading edge protection installations
- Cost effective blade inspection solutions using cutting edge Panoblade camera systems and UAVs. GEV Wind Power can inspect up to five turbines a day, meaning that the assessment of a wind farm can be completed in weeks rather than months.
- Close visual inspection by rope access or access platform can be provided where more detailed analysis is required.
The company says it’s three year track record includes over 160,000 man house recorded, working about 1,400 turbines.
Filed Under: Uncategorized