Global wind turbine installations recently surpassed 300GW; with an increasing number of turbines coming off-warranty. MAKE expects an additional 300GW of capacity additions over the next 6 years, creating significant opportunities for the wind turbine operations and maintenance sector.
- Global wind turbine operations and maintenance revenue to exceed $13 billion by 2020
- 10% growth on average per year over the next 6 years – driven by ageing turbine population in Europe and growing installed base in APAC
- Major correctives and component upgrades offer the highest profit opportunities in the market
- Self-performing asset owners to gain market share and put significant pressure on ISPs and turbine OEMs
- The sector offers many niche opportunities for participants – many of which are currently underserved in key markets
- MAKE’s 2014 Global Wind Turbine Operations and Maintenance is a 50 page report containing over 80 charts, tables and graphs providing an in-depth analysis of global wind power services market and strategies. Key topics covered include the global O&M market opportunity, services strategies of leading asset owners, availability guarantees, pricing and terms of O&M contracts and regional installed base segmentation.
Filed Under: News, O&M