Global power tools innovator, Ingersoll Rand, announced the new QX Series Cordless Torque Multiplier. The QX Series is a high-torque fastening tool for industrial applications that achieves up to 1,475 foot-pounds of torque. Built upon the QX Series platform, the Ingersoll Rand Cordless Torque Multiplier employs advanced technology, communication and control features to ensure accurate, repeatable bolting for torque-critical joints.
“In heavy-duty, high-risk environments…like power generation, the accuracy of applied torque is critical,” said Dan Fleming, product manager at Ingersoll Rand. “In these high-performance industries time is valuable. The QX Series Cordless Torque Multiplier replaces manual, inaccurate fastening methods with a traceable method that is quicker and more effective.”
The tool is available in five different combinations of torque and speed capability, ranging from 30 to 1,475 foot-pounds and 5 to 45 revolutions per minute (rpm). At the heart of the Torque Multiplier is the Ingersoll Rand closed-loop transducer, which is the key to delivering torque precision, unmatched accuracy and traceable results.
- Control: The tool has multiple user-programmable configurations such as torque, angle and gang count. These functions can be navigated directly on the tool or programmed from a computer. Up to eight of these programed strategies can be stored on the tool at the same time.The multi-function display module provides visual feedback via red, yellow and green lights, signaling whether the bolt has exceeded, or not met, the torque limit or angle, or if the proper gang count was reached.
- Communication: The tool can store records for up to 1,200 fastenings, which can be downloaded to a computer via a USB cable or wirelessly transferred to a dedicated Process Communication Module (PCM). Now reliable data is available for review, analysis and record keeping at any time, replacing the dated guesswork of manually recording torque goals with paper and pencil in the field.
- Comfort: Operators can move freely without the inconvenience of bulky air or hydraulic hoses, or power packs, because the Torque Multiplier is cordless and compact. The 360-degree adjustable handle provides the operator a comfortable grip and provisions for a tethering point. These features allow maximum flexibility when working on multiple joints and accessing odd angles.
The durability and performance of the QX Series Torque Multiplier stands up to a variety of tough applications, including:
- Wind & Power Generation- gearboxes, general maintenance, turbines, generators and valves connections and flanges
- Infrastructure- bridges, road ways and steel structures
- Heavy Equipment- excavators, diesel and gas engines and construction equipment
The tool operates on the Ingersoll Rand IQV20 Series battery system and each 20-volt battery charge will rundown an average of 100 bolts.
The QX Series Precision Torque Multiplier can be purchased as an individual tool, or in a kit that includes the tool, two IQV20 batteries, one battery charger and a carrying bag. The tool also has a HAZLOC configuration that is certified for Class 1, Division 2 applications.
Filed Under: News