Innergex Renewable Energy has completed the previously announced acquisition of two wind projects located in Champagne-Ardenne, France with a total aggregate installed capacity of 43 MW from Baywa r.e. The two projects are mechanically completed and should be commissioned in the third and fourth quarter of 2017. Innergex owns a 69.55% interest in the wind farms and Desjardins Group Pension Plan owns the remaining 30.45%.
Innergex Renewable Energy Corporation develops, owns, and operates wind farms, run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, and solar photovoltaic farms and carries out its operations in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, Canada, France and Idaho, U.S. Its portfolio of assets currently consists of:
- Interests in 51 operating facilities with an aggregate net installed capacity of 1,063 MW (gross 1,758 MW), including 31 hydroelectric facilities, 19 wind farms and one solar farm.
- Interests in three projects under construction with a net installed capacity of 61 MW (gross 88 MW), for which power purchase agreements have been secured.
- Prospective projects with an aggregate net capacity totaling 3,560 MW (gross 3,940 MW).
The corporation’s strategy for building shareholder value is to develop or acquire high-quality facilities that generate sustainable cash flows and provide an attractive risk-adjusted return on invested capital and to distribute a stable dividend.
Filed Under: News, Projects