Joral LLC has introduced the PE18 ProxEncoder non-contact rotary encoder product line. Modeled in a threaded proximity switch housing, the 18mm true non-contact encoder is designed to capture rotary motion where conventional sensors fail.
Two USPTO patents enable the PE18 ProxEncoder to detect on-axis rotation with up to 0.5″ (12mm) air gap between the application and sensor.
The PE18 is 100% encapsulated for an IP69k configuration that survives destructive conditions, such as submersion in hydraulic oil, deep sea salt water, dust control spray, or corrosive wash. It is available in common communications including analog, quadrature, and CAN J1939.
The PE18 ProxEncoder product line is designed to cater to both mobile hydraulic and industrial installations.
Additional highlights of the Joral PE18 ProxEncoder include:
- 18mm threaded proximity switch style housing
- Patented true non-contact position sensing:
– o 0.5″ (12mm) gap between sensor and application
– o 0.10″ (2.5mm) axial misalignment
– o 30″ planar tilt
- IP69k environmental protection class
- Rated MIL-STD 202 for shock & vibration resistance
- Available Housings: Anodized aluminum and stainless steel
- Available Outputs: Quadrature, CAN J1939, PWM, Analog, and others
- Customizable connector options available
Filed Under: Encoders, News, O&M