Lincoln Electric introduces a submerged arc flux that meets specific welding requirements for the offshore construction industry, Lincolnweld 842-H. The company says it’s great for typical offshore welding joints with narrow groove angles and heavy wall thicknesses. Lincolnweld 842-H also has excellent slag detachability and superior bead profile and smoothness.
Key features include an:
- Ultra-low diffusible hydrogen – Less than 3 mL/100g of deposited weld metal in dc and ac polarities
- Consistent impact toughness – Impact toughness capable of exceeding CVN values of 160 J (118 ft-lb) at -60°C (-76°F) in the body and cap pass for consistent CTOD toughness
- Outstanding bead profile – Smooth bead profile with low entry angles especially desirable for cap pass welding in fatigue sensitive applications
- Excellent ac and dc operation – High current capacity for single- or multiple-arc configurations
- High operator appeal – Excellent slag detachment and wash-out
- Reliable design – Allows for consistent deposit composition in a central recovery system