Lincoln Electric has released a mobile app designed to provide common weld settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW processes. Lincoln Electric’s Weld Parameter Guide mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
Welders can use the app to find the correct welding parameters for their projects, welding processes, materials, and thickness. Designed for welders in the shop or in the field, the Lincoln Electric Weld Parameter Guide provides access to information that will help them set up their weld operations on the go, even when no cellphone or Wi-Fi network connection is available.
The app’s key features include:
- Easy-to-use graphical interface, featuring icon-based menus.
- Dynamic look-up tables. As the user enters data, each additional parameter range is narrowed based on the valid options remaining.
- U.S. and metric settings.
- Typical machine settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW welding processes.
- Steel and stainless steel material machine settings for SMAW.
- Aluminum, steel, and stainless steel material machine settings for GMAW/FCAW and GTAW.
- Notes section that allows the user to add additional weld set-up information.
“We have been working hard to launch products and support materials targeted toward a more technology-enabled customer base,” said Tom Matthews, senior vice president, technology and R&D at Lincoln Electric. “Mobile-ready tools like the Weld Parameter Guide are designed to make our customers more productive when and where they need it most.”
The Weld Parameter Guide is available for free to smartphone and tablet users through the Apple iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store. The app is compatible with Apple’s iOS 6 (and 7) as well as Android 2.2 and newer.
Filed Under: News, Software