several new features to speed set up and ensure accurate high speed TIG welding. The complete system, housed in a modular cabinet, combines an advanced welding power source, controller, water cooler, and accessories required to drive the orbital weld head and pipe-clamping system.
The orbital welder features:
- The APEX 2100 Orbital Controller with pendant to deliver a synchronized system to monitor. Users can adjust and control welding parameters throughout the welding task, while capturing all welding information and data for future analytical and statistical reporting.
- The HELIX T55 Weld Head and patent-pending gear-driven track ring system are a complete, lightweight welding machine that is easy to install and position on pipes. The sleek and low-profile design lets the HELIX T55 weld in confined or restricted spaces and in locations that lack visibility.
- The Power Wave S500 is a multi-process power source that provides exceptional performance for welding thicker materials. The Power Wave S500 delivers a fast arc response, includes more than 65 standard welding waveforms for optimized performance on almost any application, and efficiently converts input power to reduce operational costs.
- Cool Arc 55 Water Cooler works with the Power Wave S-Series power sources to reliably cool torches rated up to 500 amps.
- The APEX Mobile Workstation, a heavy-duty, industrial cabinet, houses all the orbital welding systems components.
This innovative equipment meets application demands under a variety of environmental conditions for high-productivity rates through advanced system performance, and reduced field serviceability and downtime. The system provides consistent and repeatable weld quality by reducing weld defects.
Lincoln Electric Co.
Filed Under: News