Henkel Corporation, a manufacturer of maintenance and repair chemicals, provides innovative solutions for even the most challenging problems associated with wind turbine assemblies. The company says its O&M program includes a portfolio of products engineered for the assembly, installation, maintenance and repair of blades, nacelles, towers and bases.
• Structural bonding adhesives
• Component sealers
• Surface and corrosion protection coatings
• Nonslip safety coatings
• Base grouts
• Cable sealants
• Flange sealants and retaining compounds
• Blade and part cleaners
Repairing rotor-blade-tip damage provides an example of catalog contents. Such damage can be significant and structural in nature, requiring a new tip or a structural patch for the repair. To apply:
• Surface should be clean, dry and abraded.
• Damaged substrate material should be removed from the repair area.
• Bond in the structural patch using Loctite UK 1351 B25 structural bonding adhesive.
• Sand or grind the edges of the patch.
• Mix the Loctite UK 1370 B10 Putty and apply using a trowel to smooth the product over the damaged area.
• Sand after 30 minutes.
For the complete 19-page brochure, http://2014pdfs.s3.amazonaws.com/Henkel/LT-6531.pdf