The wind power industry has more than doubled its capacity since 2007 and with it has been a doubling in the demand for crane scales. In the wind power industry, Eilon Engineering dynamometers and crane scales are increasingly used in the construction, testing, and maintenance of turbines. Uses include:
- Dismantling and repair of units
- Weighing and balancing of blades before shipment
- Overload prevention on the motorized hoist
- Proof loads for the motorized hoist
- Measuring tension on tower guy wires
- Blade-bearing inspection
Eilon Engineering manufactures high-quality, durable, wireless or wired crane scales and dynamometers for all manner of heavy rigging tasks, including the installation and maintenance of wind farms.
With over three decades of experience, Eilon has worked with some of the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturers such as Vestas, Siemens and GE, and boasts a client list of top
companies and institutions such as the U.S. military, Boeing, NASA, and Lockheed Martin, as well as other Fortune 500 companies and smaller businesses.
The wireless Ron 2501 dynamometer is particularly suited to the wind power industry. It is the smallest, lightest and most versatile wireless dynamometer on the market and critically ensures that the received and indicated value is 100% identical to the transmitted value. Its small size makes for easy portability and minimal headroom loss.
All Eilon Ron crane scales and dynamometers include:
- High-grade aerospace steel for load cell bodies
- Shackle holes offset 90° to reduce external movement
- Battery life of up to 2,000 hours (4,000 hour option)
- Short length for minimal headroom loss
- Light weight and portable
- Advanced wireless technology – multiple load cells can be read from a single laptop in real-time; long transmission range; and low energy consumption
- Fully tested and supplied with a test certificate, including a fully traceable calibration chart
Filed Under: News