NANOMYTE SuperAi is a nanocomposite coating that imparts anti-icing properties to an underlying substrate. In independent tests performed at multiple sites, it has been shown that NANOMYTE SuperAi reduces the adhesion strength of ice by 40 to 60%, compared to bare metal and painted surfaces. The use of the coating in applications such as wind turbines, overhead high-voltage lines, transportation, marine, and others enhances productivity and energy efficiency, thereby providing a good return on investment.
Features & benefits
- Weather resistant– Hydrophobic surface repels water and reduces ice build up
- Easy-to-clean– Lower friction, slippery surface makes it resistant to contamination and easier to clean
- Easy application– Can be applied by brush, spray, or wipe, with no primer or curing required
- Durability– Increases the service life of coating by preserving protective functions
- Cost savings– Reduces raw material, labor, and energy cost of repainting or recoating
- Maintenance– Eliminates need to frequently repaint or replace damaged coatings
Easy to apply
SuperAi liquid coating solution is available in liter and gallon quantities and can be applied by brushing, spraying, or wiping. SuperAi is a versatile coating that can be applied directly to a variety of substrate materials, including plastics, metals, glass, concrete and ceramics. Only one coat is required to cover the substrate and it cures under ambient conditions.
The nanocomposite coating that imparts anti-icing properties to the underlying substrate. The transparent coating also provides a hard, dense and smooth finish. Surfaces treated with SuperAi exhibit reduced ice adhesion, thereby preventing ice buildup. SuperAi can be applied to a variety of substrates, including plastics, metals, glass, and ceramics. In some instances, a suitable primer may be required for maximum adhesion of the anti-ice coating. The coating can be cured at room temperature.
Curing temperature: 20° to 150°C
Cured film thickness: 5 to 15 µm
Coverage: 110 m2 (1,200 ft2 ) per gallon
Solids content: 18 to 20% water
Contact angle: 100 to 105°
How to apply brochure here: http://neicorporation.com/tds/NANOMYTE_SuperAi_TDS.pdf
Filed Under: Blades