Thomas & Betts has made it easier to select and use its products with the addition of its online End-User Tools to its website, www.tnb.com. End-User Tools is a menu of self-service resources that are available to assist customers in locating product information. The link to End-User Tools is under the “Resources” tab on the Thomas & Betts United States/Latin America page.
Among the End-User Tools available are:
- BIM: Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects for Steel City and Carlon floor boxes are the most complete and detailed floor box objects currently available in the industry. Capabilities include a full bill of material for a floor box installation, including boxes, covers, device plates, trims and finishes. These BIM objects are fully standards compliant and are Autodesk Revit certified to ensure proper functionality.
- CAD Library: This tool provides downloadable two- and three-dimensional models for more than 2,300 products in more than 90 native computer-aided design (CAD) formats.
- Floor Box Selector: The Floor Box Selector identifies the appropriate Steel City or Carlon floor box assembly from thousands of options, matched to the specifications entered by the user. The selector guide also provides a complete bill of material for each application.
- Prefab Configurator: An online design and procurement tool for the selection of prefabricated electrical box assemblies, which reduces costs, installation time and risk of error.
- NEC Codebook: Thomas & Betts’ Analysis of NEC Code Changes 2011 is a free reference guide that highlights changes to the National Electrical Code (NEC) for the 2011 code cycle that relate to Thomas & Betts’ products. The 156-page handbook can be downloaded as a PDF or read as an eBook.
- RoHS: In response to the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive issued by the European Union, Thomas & Betts now offers RoHS compliant catalog number search that enables users to search the online catalog of more than 400,000 Thomas & Betts products by catalog number. The database also includes on-demand compliance for all RoHS- compliant products manufactured by Thomas & Betts.
- ARRA Stimulus: In support of the “Buy American” provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Thomas & Betts offers the widest array of electrical products that are certified as ARRA compliant. This tool includes a chart that helps specifiers determine if the product is compliant in consideration of the total value of the contract or grant and the funding source. These guidelines are updated online in response to any changes in requirements.
- E-Source Document Library: A selection of marketing and informational materials, such as product bulletins, specification sheets and promotional collateral.
- Software Downloads: Includes ControlMax, SmartSet and SmartSet II.
Other tools include a competitor cross-reference, installation instructions, material safety data sheets (MSDS) and product specifications, as well as an FAQ page and a “Where to Buy” directory.
Thomas & Betts Corporation
Filed Under: News