The workshop, Advances in Wind Energy, is held in conjunction with Magnum Venus Products and IACMI–The Composites Institute, and will feature hands-on demos and dynamic presentations led by leading wind-energy professionals. The course will take place on June 5 and 6 at the National Wind Technology Center in Boulder, CO.
This is the third year in a row that Composites One and IACMI are co-presenting a workshop geared toward professionals in the wind industry.
“Of the live demos and educational workshops that we’ve presented the past few years, those focused on the wind industry have consistently drawn large crowds,” said Composites One Director of Marketing Communications Marcy Offner. “Each session has been totally different, enabling us to cover a wide variety of topics pertinent to the rapidly growing wind-energy workforce.”
At Advances in Wind Energy, attendees will:
- See live demos of Light RTM for building a nacelle and the vacuum infusion process
- Hear about the market drivers affecting the industry
- Find out about the latest advancements in tapes, coatings, and high-temperature tooling
- Learn how to select core materials for blade laminates
- Get an overview of thermoplastics tooling, processing, and manufacturing automation
- Explore damage-repair techniques for composite structures and more
Attendees will also have the opportunity to take a tour of the National Wind Technology Center, the leading wind-energy technology facility nationwide. Located at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills, it occupies a 305-acre site that experiences diverse wind patterns occasionally exceeding 100 miles an hour, making it ideal for testing the reliability and performance of wind turbines.
Hands-on demos and presentations at Advances in Wind Energy will be led by subject matter experts from Composites One and the Closed Mold Alliance, a resource dedicated to helping manufacturers make a successful conversion to closed mold and other advanced processes, and IACMI. Along with Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance founding members include Magnum Venus Products and RTM North Ltd.
Advances in Wind Energy is the second of four workshops in advanced composites being presented this year by Composites One and IACMI. Upcoming sessions include:
- Advances in Composites Processing, University of Tennessee, Knoxville – August 21 & 22
- Composites Hands-on Training, Dayton, OH – November 14 & 15
Click here for more details and to register.