A $1,050 report from GBI Research says an expansion of the transmission and distribution (T&D) base to meet renewable energy targets and replacement of aging infrastructure will present growth opportunities.
The demand for energy-efficient transformers is expected to increase, as aging T&D equipment provides opportunities for the replacement market, with infrastructural upgrades necessary to cope with increased electricity generation and consumption. The global market is intensely competitive, involving a large number of highly experienced regional and multinational corporations, and a high Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.3%, with the market growing from a value of $127 billion in 2012 to $301 billion in 2020.
Although the market for T&D equipment has matured, with few technological or product innovations now taking place, renewed demand from emerging economies has helped the market to continue to achieve substantial revenue growth. Global demand for electricity is expected to increase exponentially in the future and soaring demand in India and China is expected to spur on government efforts to increase national installed capacity.
The report, “Power Transmission and Distribution Market to 2020 – Expansion of T&D Base to Meet Renewable Energy Targets and Replacement of Aging Infrastructure Will Present Growth Opportunities” provides an in-depth analysis of the global T&D market covering five equipment categories: switchgears, transformers, cables, shunt reactors and substation automation. The report covers an overview of equipment markets and market size to 2020. Also included is a geographic regional breakdown for equipment markets and competitive landscapes. Pricing analysis is provided for the switchgear and transformer markets for major countries along with market trends for switchgears, transformers and cables. This report covers global cumulative figures for T&D capacities, length of T&D networks and number of T&D substations from 2005 to 2020. It provides global T&D investment figures from 2006 to 2020.
The report includes:
• Analysis of five T&D equipment markets: switchgears, transformers, cables, shunt reactors and substation automation
• Historical and forecast market size figures for the equipment covered from 2005 to 2020
• Historical and forecast market size figures for global T&D transmission capacities, lines length and number of substations
• Pricing analysis covering major countries for switchgears and transformers, for both power and distribution
• Competitive landscape analysis for all equipment markets in 2011 and market trends for switchgears, transformers and cables
• Global T&D investment figures for 2006 to 2020 and their division into transmission and distribution sectors
• An overview of T&D infrastructure for 38 countries, including transmission and distribution networks from 2005 to 2020, grid interconnections and future development plans.
Authors say the report assists in refining business strategies with a fuller understanding of the trends and developments shaping T&D markets across the world, and identify key growth markets for products based on T&D equipment market size data and analysis. In addition, it benchmarks competitors according to product offering, strategic positioning and financial strength. Single User License: $1,050
Filed Under: News, Policy