Developer of the DBI-Sals and Protecta brands of fall protection equipment have launched the i-Safe 3.0 Intelligent Safety System. The system is a significant upgrade to the existing i-Safe 2.0 which launched in 2006, and makes managing a safety program easier and more cost effective than previously possible. Capital Safety’s i-Safe became the first radio frequency identification (RFID) system dedicated to fall protection equipment and inspection tracking. Since initial launch, Capital Safety has made investments in support of i-Safe’s commitment to improve safety compliance and reduce risk.
“Our aim is to enhance the i-Safe 2.0 system and build on its value to save time, improve safety compliance, reduce risk and enhance user safety through consistent inspection and asset management,” says Tim Maroushek, global product director for Capital Safety. “With i-Safe 3.0, we’ve made another significant leap towards achieving that goal.”
Key system upgrades include:
- Multiple software: Four options let a company decide if they want Capital Safety to host their data or if they want to manage the data themselves utilizing their own corporate computers or network server.
- Customizable: Offers the speed and benefits of pre-packaged solutions along with the advantages of tailoring features to their specific needs so they can efficiently manage their safety inspection program and assets.
- Consistent Inspection Tracking: Extensive list of standard and customized end-user prompted inspection checklists to ensure more consistent inspections with detailed notations, photos and inspection status.
- Effective Asset Management: The dynamic filtering mechanism allows a company to easily identify, track and reassign the location, status and history of their valuable safety assets.
- Versatile Management Reports: Generates a wide range of operations and management reports including inspection reports, summary of hazards, top 10 hazards, inspector statistics and more.
- Inspection Scheduling and Trigger Alerts: Proactively shares information throughout the organization by advising site managers of upcoming or overdue inspections.
- Flexibility: Provides for the flexibility to use High Frequency RFID tags and readers or barcode information capture
This adds to a more user-friendly system that offers significant time savings, more consistent safety compliance, and the benefits of mitigating active and future risks.
Capital Safety Inc
Filed Under: News, Safety