Shermco Industries, the largest independent electrical testing and maintenance company in North America, will host the 2014 North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Federal Energy Regulation Commission Compliance Symposium on Sept. 17-18 at the Hotel Derek, 2525 West Loop South, in Houston, Texas.
The symposium will focus on learning NERC/FERC implementation, updates, best practices and compliance and will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to NERC/FERC compliance
- BES Definition
- PRC-005 Updates
- Best Audit Practices
- Best Practices – Instrument Transformers
- Best Practices – DC Control Circuitry
- Best Practices – Protective Relays
- Best Practices – Communications
- Best Practices – Pitfalls from the Field Perspective
- Best Practices – Battery Testing
- Best Practices – Risk Management/Data Management
- PRC-018 Disturbance Monitoring
- PRC-023 Transmission Relay Load Ability Studies
- BAL-003 Frequency Response and Bias
The symposium cost is $499 and will feature lectures and discussions covering regulation revisions and best practices presented by industry experts from Shermco Industries, Certrec, Interstate Powercare and PowerDB. The admission price also includes breakfasts, lunches and a Wednesday night reception. CEU credits will be issued upon request.
Click the following link for more information or to register for the 2014 NERC FERC Compliance Symposium.
Filed Under: News, Safety