The six principles are intended for wind-turbine manufacturers that are expanding in the growing U.S. market. Following the principles will assist the companies in delivering cost-effective, safer equipment that is compliant with appropriate standards.
The paper is authored by Industry Consultant Dave Schaetz and Safety Program Manager Steve Ludwig, both with Rockwell Automation.
In a nutshell, the principles are
- Establish a global supply chain with regional experience
- Outsource electrical control panels
- Design for high availability and reliability
- Conduct a standards and safety audit
- Provide compliance to regional electrical and safety standards
- Integrate WTG safety into the control system design to reduce complexity
Of course, the paper expands on each point explaining why and how they makes sense. Down load the complete whitepaper from Engineeringwhitepapers.com
Filed Under: Generators, Turbines