GL certified RomaxWIND is software for design and analysis of wind-turbine gearboxes, bearings, and drivetrains. Its use adds value because it can reduce costly design iterations, develop durable products, and facilitate a unique understanding of component and system behavior.
The software can simultaneously model and analyse bearing deflection, shaft misalignment, spline deflection, gear mesh misalignment, and housing deflection to create an all-in-one analysis.
RomaxWIND, the industry specific package of RomaxDesigner, has 20 years of experience across industry. The software is built entirely in-house and uses non-linear bearing-stiffness representation validated with external customer data. The design process has been tried and tested across industry and adopted by some of the world’s leading OEMs.
A few features include:
- Full drivetrain and gearbox system modeling, including shafts, gears, and bearings
- Mass and inertia of blades, generators, and other components can be included
- Considers effects of all press-fits and clearances
- Full 3D representation of the gearbox
Bearing simulations allow:
- Modeling any bearing arrangement. The software contains bearing catalogues from major suppliers or can be customised with users bearing definitions
- Fully non-linear bearing models including internal geometry and clearances
- Gears can be modeled either as a concept or detailed model, giving the user control over the level of detail
- Planetary gears and planet carriers can be defined in any configuration
- Gear material database included
Shaft and spline simulations
- Shafts and shaft assemblies can be defined in any configuration
- Splines can be defined to ISO 4156, DIN 5480, and ANSI B92.2M
- Shaft material database is included
- Can be defined on a case-by-case basis
Analysis and rating methods
- Gear analysis: can be rated to ISO6336-1996, DIN 3990:1987, and AGMA 2001-C95
- Bearing analysis: can be rated to ISO 281 rev 1 / 2, DIN ISO Supp 4.
- Spline analysis: can be rated to DIN 5466 and the SAE Design Guide Standard
- Gears and bearings duty cycle life calculations using Miners rule analysis
- System deflection and forces predicted including thermal expansion
- In 2D or 3D view
- Calculation of component and system reliability is based on variability of load and material strength
- Gear mesh misalignment classification gives component level contribution to the predicted misalignment
Filed Under: News, Software, Turbines