Over fifty years ago, we started as designer and supplier of aircraft and missile components. Today, our motion control technology enhances performance in a variety of markets and applications, from commercial aircraft cockpits, to power-generation turbines, to Formula One racing, to medical infusion systems.
Our culture supports our talented people, allowing them to approach their work with energy, enthusiasm, and the promise of success.
Our history begins with our founder, William C. Moog – inventor, entrepreneur and visionary. In 1951, Bill Moog developed the electro-hydraulic servovalve, a device that translates tiny, electrical impulses into precise and powerful movement. In July of 1951, Bill, his brother Arthur, and Lou Geyer, rented a corner of the abandoned Proner Airport in East Aurora and formed the Moog Valve Company.