Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in their recent Global Wind Anemometers Market 2017-2021 report. This market research report also lists 14 other prominent vendors that are expected to impact the market during the forecast period.
According to the research analysis, the global wind anemometer market is a highly competitive market with major vendors such as Ammonit Measurement, FT Technologies, Siemens, Lufft, and Grill Instruments competing based on price, quality, and market presence.
“The market comprises in-house manufacturers and independent suppliers. Manufacturers are increasingly focused on providing innovative low-cost products that have high efficiency and are of light weight,” says Thanikachalam Chandrasekaran, lead research analyst for the power sector from Technavio.
Chandrasekaran adds: “For instance, Anemoment and Syncroness have jointly developed a lightweight, miniature, highly accurate, and directional anemometer. TriSonica Mini is a 3D ultrasonic anemometer that is ideal for small spaces and mobile applications.”
In developing countries, regional vendors are dominating the market. This increases the level of competition among these vendors. The competitive market scenario in the global wind anemometers market differs between onshore and offshore installations.
Vendors are increasingly focusing on R&D to reduce cost and improve the durability of wind turbine components. This, in turn, will reduce the maintenance and operational costs. For instance, FT Technologies FT70LT wind sensors remain completely ice-free and have a data gathering ability of over 99.9998%.
Technavio market research analysts identified the following key vendors:
- Ammonit Measurement is engaged in offering high-quality measurement equipment in solar and wind industries. It has a wide range of products in its product portfolio, including accurate meteorological sensors, data loggers, LiDAR devices, power supply and reliable communication systems, and verified SoDAR. It has a web platform named as AmmonitOR for monitor measurement campaigns on a 24×7 basis.
- FT Technologies is engaged in the design and manufacture of high-performance acoustic resonance wind sensors. The company has its own patented Acu-Res technology, which is being incorporated in all its sensors. FT Technologies’ sensors make sure that the company delivers reliable wind speed and direction with 99.9% data availability under harsh climate conditions. The company sensors offer wind speed up to the reading range of 75 m/s.
- Gill Instruments is engaged in the supply of ultrasonic anemometers for measuring wind speed and direction. It is engaged in delivering ruggedly build sensors capable of operating under all environmental conditions. The company is engaged in the global wind anemometers market through its product brands such as WindSonic, WindObserver, and WindMaster.
- Lufft is engaged in the development and production of professional sensors as well as systems for environment and climate measurement. Environmental bodies and meteorological bodies use intelligent meteorological sensors for measuring climate and environment measurement. The company is engaged in the global wind anemometers market through its product range of wind sensors and anemometers.
- Siemens is a multinational conglomerate having core activities in the fields of energy, industry, healthcare, and infrastructure. The company is one of the largest producers of energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies as it supplies systems for power generation, transmission, and medical diagnosis. The company is engaged in the global wind anemometers market through its renewable energy services segment under wind power.
For more information, on this market click here.
Filed Under: News, O&M