As a key industrial AI and IoT software provider, Uptake is redefining the Asset Performance Management (APM) category with its next release of Uptake APM. An interoperable SaaS solution that complements and coexists with customer’s current investments, Uptake APM builds on what was formerly known as Asset Perform, a proven product used by dozens of customers across major industrial sectors.
Uptake APM also integrates key features of what was formerly Asset Performance Technologies’ Preventance APM, including the Asset Strategy Library (ASL) — the world’s most comprehensive database of industrial content including equipment types, failure mechanisms, and maintenance tasks.
Uptake acquired the ASL through its April acquisition of Asset Performance Technologies of which research firm IDC said: “The acquisition has the potential to upend the APM market.” The resulting powerful combination of deep operational and equipment knowledge with predictive analytics is what LNS Research said positions Uptake as a “potential APM 4.0 market disruptor.”
Uptake APM gives a holistic view of the entire asset environment, providing visibility into assets whether they’re connected with sensors or not, and equips the industrial workforce with the tools they need to make smarter decisions, faster. The product delivers outcomes based on improved operational performance including uptime, reliability and output.
Uptake APM provides outcome-driven insights based on a flexible application framework that includes three core modules:
1.Prevent. Optimize maintenance strategies with data-backed action plans. Determine why, where and how assets might fail using root-cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis, and historical work order data.
2. Monitor. Monitor all of your assets to make the best maintenance decisions for your business. Capitalize on recommendations based on real-time asset conditions plus historical asset data.
3. Predict. Unlock new operational efficiencies by making proactive maintenance decisions based on predictive insights. Asset-centric and fleet-wide visualizations show how KPIs impact your business.
“AI and IoT are foundational to true digital transformation of industries, and Uptake APM is the fastest way for asset-intensive industrial companies to get started, save money and increase revenues,” said Uptake president, Ganesh Bell. “Our unique combination of purpose built platform + apps + curated data is helping customers go beyond legacy APM to ecosystems of connected assets and operations that continuously learn and get smarter.”
Quick, seamless outcomes
Uptake APM runs on the company’s purpose-built industrial AI and IoT platform, which will be open to the market in January as part of its next major release. The fully-managed, industry-configured platform enables customers to ingest and normalize their data, and developers and data scientists to quickly and easily build, train and deploy production-ready AI/machine learning models and applications through a catalog of pre-configured engines.
An approach like no other enterprise software solution in the market today, Uptake’s platform is geared to harness the value of a data-first world. Users can set-up and configure their platform environment in minutes, meaning rapid time to value. Uptake’s knowledge from across industries and assets makes the user experience intuitive, and the predictions powerful.
How wind companies use Uptake’s AI tech:
- To reduce unplanned downtime and improve their power curve. Wind developers can increase turbine productivity by quickly discovering and addressing underperforming turbines. Prevent failures before they occur with machine learning predictive models.
- To improve annual energy production (AEP). Wind companies can produce more power when prices are optimal, ensuring maximized revenue. They can know total energy output compared to expected energy output.
- To decrease operational expenditures. Wind operators can reduce the cost of energy per megawatt hour by having clear insight into planned and unplanned downtime costs.
- To streamline case planning & workflow management. Wind companies can have issues detected by Uptake’s software inserted into their crew’s workflow for seamless operations. They can monitor and take action on issues using a single version of the truth.
Filed Under: News, O&M, Software