Vaisala has released several enhancements to WindCube lidar including new design features, measurement capabilities and service and support for optimal Wind Resource Assessment (WRA) in extreme weather conditions across a diverse array of climates.
With wind farms evolving to include larger turbines, increased heights, and deployment in a wider range of environments and conditions, the latest WindCube enhancements deliver:
- Innovative capabilities to ensure uptime and performance in any onshore or offshore environment
- A robust metallic wiper resists corrosion in harsh conditions, while Vaisala’s acclaimed PTH WXT535 weather sensor delivers accurate measurements of environmental parameters, including wind, rain, temperature, and barometric readings
- A new winter kit safeguards the lidar from snow and ice
- An increased temperature range (50° C) allows for deployments in the hottest areas around the globe
- Compatibility with the latest generation of EFOY fuel cell design for off-grid applications
- A partnership with SmartGrid enables customers to collect reliable data at remote locations with satellite communications
- Unprecedented measurement capabilities to ensure data accuracy for increasingly tall turbine hub heights
- In partnership with Pavana, users now have the ability to compare lidar data with measurements from an IEC-compliant met mast up to 200 m
- Outstanding services and support to maximize operational performance and response
- The new WindCube service agreement streamlines operations, provides online educational resources to stay current on system operations and management, minimizes disruption, and enables operation and minimal downtime in more global locations
- Vaisala’s world-renown support provides in-depth data and scientific expertise for site selection and operational performance decision-making in any environment, including complex terrain.
- An expanded global network of trained partners ensures direct and streamlined response across the globe
Filed Under: News