The Power Wave S500 welder is said to easily power Stick, DC TIG, Pulsed DC TIG, MIG, Pulsed MIG, and Flux-Cored processes. The Advance Waveform Control includes Pulse-on-Pulse, Power Mode, RapidArc, and the more recent Rapid X. The machine is rated 450A, 36.5V at 100% duty cycle, and a maximum 550A, 41.5V at 40% duty cycle, with an output range of 5 to 550A. This latest Power Wave model is IP23 rated to ensure rugged durability in harsh environments.
The welder features Lincoln Electric’s latest hardware and software enhancements, including:
- Tribrid Power Module provides exceptional welding performance with high power factor and efficiency.
- iARC (Intelligent Architecture for Regulation and Control) digital welding controls are more than 10 times faster than the previous generation, with 128 times more RAM and eight times more flash memory.
- Integrated PowerConnect adjusts input power from 200 to 600V, 50 or 60 Hz, single phase or three phase.
- CheckPoint and Production Monitoring 2.2 lets personnel view and analyze welding operational data on almost any device – desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and others.
- Standard 115V (10A) ac Duplex Auxiliary Power Receptacle features patent-pending Surge Blocker Technology.
Also, a standard Ethernet connection can be used for welding waveform and firmware upgrades through www.powerwavesoftware.com.
Filed Under: Construction, News, Towers