The Wind Energy Manufacturing Association (WEMA), Inc. has been established to help enhance and promote the wind energy industry in the U.S.
WEMA goals are:
- Job creation – Create manufacturing jobs as companies are able to locate and/or expand their wind energy manufacturing in the U.S.
- Unite – Bring those interested in manufacturing together to have an impact on the industry.
- Educate – Provide educational opportunities to those just starting in the wind energy industry.
- Network – Bring together new and existing manufacturers with OEM’s in the industry.
- Joint ventures and technology transfers – Support opportunities to bring foreign tools to the U.S. via business partnerships, and technological transfers.
Offices will be in Muncie, IND.
“Alternative energy is a targeted industry sector for our county,” said Terry Murphy, Vice President, Economic Development for the Muncie-Delaware County Economic Development Alliance. “We are excited by WEMA’s decision to join our community and look forward to building a strong partnership with them. WEMA’s presence will increase the number of business opportunities we see, and that will ultimately lead to new job creation in the city, county, region, and state,” added Murphy.
Filed Under: News