Ideal for offshore, construction, or pipe welding operations, the Activ8 portable wire feeder from Lincoln Electric is the smallest, lightest wire feeder on the market and is now available in a One-Pak configuration that includes a MagnumPRO Curve 300 gun. With the One-Pak, welders can enjoy the convenience of receiving a wire feeder and gun matched for most applications in the shipbuilding, construction or pipeline industries.
The Activ8 One-Pak includes:
- Activ8 Wire Feeder with internal contactor, gas solenoid, arc-sensing lead and clip [15 ft (4.5 m)] and a K1500-2 Gun Bushing.
- Magnum PRO Curve 300 Gun with 15 ft (4.5 m) gun cable, 1/16 inch (1.6 mm) liner, and K466-10 Gun Connector Kit.
Key features include:
- Designed for 8 in. (200 mm) spools.
- Compatible with any dc, CV, or CC power source.
- Simple controls include front WFS knob and internal-booted Cold Feed and Gas Purges, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches.
- Across-the-arc operation (voltage sensing) uses a sense lead and contactor to enable weld current.
- Standard shielding gas apparatus can be used for FCAW-G and GMAW processes.
The portable wire feeder is capable of feeding self-shielded FCAW or FCAW-G and GMAW (MIG) gas-shielded wires at 50 to 800 IPM (1.3 to 20.3 m/min). It will handle GMAW wires 0.023 to 0.052 in. (0.6 to 1.3 mm) in diameter and FCAW wires of 0.035 to 5/64 in. (0.9 to 2.0 mm) diameter. The Activ8 is rated at 330 amps at 60% duty cycle and weighs in at only 27 lbs (12.2 kg).
At the heart of the Activ8 wire feeder is the Maxtrac Drive System, which features:
- Dual gear-driven drive system to ensure positive feeding performance.
- Patented wire drive with tool-less drive roller and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement.
- Tachometer-controlled motor to power drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage.
Filed Under: News