As the federal government continues to designate offshore wind leasing areas, how much energy potential is currently available for the Atlantic Coast? How much progress has been made toward getting wind turbines into the water? How can offshore wind power protect ratepayers from energy market price spikes? What actions do state leaders need to take to finally launch this transformative new clean energy source for America?
A teleconference on Thursday, July 10 at 10 a.m. ET will unveil a new report from the National Wildlife Federation taking a fresh, honest look at how far offshore wind has come, with detailed reports on each Atlantic Coast state and a call to action to state leaders to seize the opportunity before them and bring a massive clean energy source online.
WHAT: Teleconference Releasing NWF’s Catching the Wind report
WHEN: Thursday, July 10, 10am ET
WHERE: 1-800-791-2345, 88252#
- Catherine Bowes, Senior Manager for Climate and Energy, National Wildlife Federation
- Mayor Jon Mitchell (D – New Bedford, Massachusetts)
- Mayor Keith Summey (R – North Charleston, South Carolina)
- Ed Good, Legislative Director, Utility Workers Union of America AFL-CIO
- Rob Sargent, Energy Program Director, Environment America
National Wildlife Federation
Filed Under: Events, News, Offshore wind, Projects