FieldPower devices from Weidmuller U.S., Richmond, Va, are a flexible and economic ways to decentralize power distribution anywhere there is a need to distribute power, as would be needed in and around a turbine tower and nacelle. The devices include PowerBox distribution boxes, maintenance switches, plug-in connectors (optionally with fuse function), prefabricated cable sets, and accessories.
Power lines are tapped without cutting round or flat cable. The pick-off is done at any suitable position close to the power consuming device using the PowerBox. Branches and outgoing feeders to motor starters and frequency inverters are made as “pluggable” or “fixed”. This reduces the length of cable runs and shortens installation time. FieldPower devices reduce the overall costs of a project and make it easier to expand or redesign a plant’s power grid. Weidmuller says benefits of the design include the:
- Powerbox that functions as a feeder, extension, and two-way T-output
- Prefabricated cables for fabrication on the spot
- Current-carrying capacity up to 30A in branches or outgoing and feed circuits
- Construction of line, tree, and network structures
- Three IP protection classes are available depending on application site
Filed Under: Uncategorized