A proper safety-at-height program includes the necessary steps for safe and quick rescue in an emergency. The SafEscape Elite RDD is the next generation global solution for rescue and descent that meets applicable safety standards throughout the world, lowers cost of ownership, enhances safety and is easy to use. The developer says the SafEscape Elite RDD meets all applicable safety standards throughout the world. It is the only rescue and descent device that meets European EN341/2008 Standard. Furthermore, it needs no annual factory recertification. Seven years may elapse before an unused unit requires recertification. It also needs no special storage case and it’s user-rated for two workers. The unit is also designed for self-rescue and assisted rescues. It is designed for multiple descents to permit the evacuation of multiple workers or during training sessions requiring repetitive use.
The bi-directional design means that when a descent begins, the other end of the rope is ascending readying itself for another rescue. The Lifeline Descent Capacity is up to 1,640 ft. (500 m). Additional features include:
- Greater flexibility to address changing environments and ever-increasing height requirements.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Aluminum and stainless steel construction.
- Palm-size design makes handling the unit easier during emergencies.
- The hoisting wheel provides increased flexibility to help facilitate a variety of rescue situations. For instance, a specially-designed modular ladder bracket can be easily installed and removed based upon changing application needs or emergency requirements.
- All-inclusive kits include components required for emergency evacuation and/or rescue.
Miller Fall Protection
Filed Under: News, Safety