Power producers, service companies, and distributors seeking technical solutions that can greatly extend the time between turbine rebuilds are encouraged to connect with The Timken Company at the 2017 American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) WINDPOWER show, May 22 to 25 to the Anaheim Convention Center (Booth # 3552).
Timken is a global leader in bearings with a large portfolio of aftermarket upgrade solutions for turbine gearboxes and main shafts.
For instance, the Timken Tapered Double Inner (TDI) roller main-shaft bearing has a field-proven design for improving bearing life and system performance in three-point mount turbines. Consider:
• When a standard spherical roller bearing is used in the main-shaft, axial thrust is transmitted to the gearbox components, causing wear
• When a TDI bearing is used, this thrust has been shown to be reduced by as much as 67% before it reaches the gearbox.
Given the significant cost of down-tower repairs, preventing even one unplanned maintenance event over the life of a turbine can mean greater value for wind farm operators. Improving the reliability of large-bore turbine bearings has been a primary focus for Timken for many years.
“Over the last eight years, we have built a worldwide wind energy supply chain,” said Rick Brooks, wind energy sales manager for Timken. “With facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, we are a global company with regional manufacturing and service. And we devote significant resources to solving the biggest challenges our customers face—it’s why we now offer over hundreds of upgraded bearing part numbers for reducing your operations and maintenance spend.”
At the show, a team of Timken experts will be available to talk about these and other cost-cutting innovations. Attendees can learn much more about:
• Wear-resistant spherical bearings ideal for poor lubrication environments
• Case-carburized cylindrical bearings to combat axial cracking in gearboxes
• Coupling technology focused on increasing uptime
• Automatic lubrication systems to keep operations smooth and predictable
The AWEA WINDPOWER 2017 exhibition brings top-tier speakers, world-class education, cutting-edge technologies, and premium networking opportunities to thousands of industry professionals.