UpWind Solutions, Inc., North America’s most comprehensive independent operations and maintenance (O&M) service provider for wind energy, adds blade inspections using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to their services by partnering with SkySpecs. The partnership will revolutionize the way wind turbines are inspected, by delivering high quality images for reports, improving safety and reducing inspection costs.
SkySpecs provides the most advanced UAV technology available enabling easy completion of turbine blade inspections. Guardian, SkySpecs’ collision avoidance technology, allows technicians with minimal flight training or experience to be able to conduct high quality inspections from only a few feet away from the blade without risk of collision.
Benefits of SkySpecs technology:
- SkySpecs GuardianTM collision avoidance technology
- Autonomous flight technology software allows UpWind to rapidly complete high quality, low risk inspections
- High definition (4K) images and video are produced for use on reports and to zoom in closely on any problem points identified throughout the inspection
- The high quality images and digital result in better inspection reports for the customer
- Technicians can complete the inspection with their feet safely on the ground
- The technician can take control over the automated UAV any time in order to capture more images of a specific area of the blade
- Entrant must be a wind farm owner/operator
- 1MW+ turbine
- Inspection details and images will be used in an UpWind/SkySpecs case study
- Contest runs from May 14 @ 12:00PM PST – June 5 @ 12:00AM PST
- Winner will be randomly drawn and announced on June 12th
- Inspection to be completed after UpWind/SkySpecs receives FAA 333 exemption
- Wind farm must be located in North America
- No purchase necessary
Enter here to win.