Bronto Skylift offers a wide selection of high-reach truck-mounted aerial work platforms for wind turbine blade and tower inspection, maintenance, repair and cleaning needs. For over 40 years, we have supplied insulated and non-insulated truck-mounted work platforms around the world.
All Bronto units enhance operational performance and efficiency at challenging heights and environments. The easy maneuverability allows for fast driving and positioning at the job site. With advanced controls and one-button automatic leveling of the outriggers, the unit can be set up and elevated up to the overhead area in a matter of minutes.
The configuration of these work platforms combine extreme reaches with a wide selection of additional features. The wind energy productive pack includes a 3.7-meter wide extendable working cage with integrated electricity, air pressure, and water connections. The optional features of the units include an electricity generator, pressure washer, and water tank.
The safety features have been optimized by continuous development work and time-tested in the toughest conditions. Standard safety features include:
- Bronto+ control system and easy overall maneuverability enable smooth, accurate and safe entering close to the operating target
- Rigid work platform permanently attached to the telescopic boom allows safe operation in windy conditions (even at speeds of over 12 m/s)
- Operation controlled from the work platform gives superior visibility and operational accuracy
- Intercom between the work platform and ground
- Cage load sensor and overload alarm
- Wind speed indicator and alarm
- Two emergency descent systems (for example, if fuel runs out)
- Interlocks prevent the lifting of the booms until the outriggers have ground pressure and the unit is leveled correctly
- Emergency stop functions from the work platform, ground control, and outrigger control center
- Twin cylinders on the main boom enhance sideways stability and safety. A shorter cylinder design also increases storage space on the decking.
The HLA High-Level Articulated Range ensures efficient and safe operations with extremely challenging high-rise installations like antennas, generators, windmills, etc. These units include the world’s highest truck-mounted access platforms which offer maximum vertical and horizontal outreach combined with the best height to weight ratio on the market. This gives secure stability and eases maneuverability in different conditions and environments.
Fast and convenient operation
- H-type outriggers in the front and rear for minimal required set-up space
- Permanently fixed footplates, no manual adjustment needed
- One button automatic leveling with remote control
- Outriggers can be deployed from one position
Maximum working efficiency and return on investment
- Enormous outreach even at great heights
- Fast movements due to a generously dimensioned hydraulic system
- Fault-finding and remote diagnostics systems available as options